(recipe for 16 – 20 pices)
For the dough:
- 250 ml water
- ½ TS salt
- 25 g concentrated butter or margarine
- 425-500 g wheat flour
For the stuffing:
- 250 g vegini Minced Italian Style
- 1 finely sliced spring onion
- 140 g corn from the can
- 3 EL concentrated butter or margarine
- 150 g zucchini cubes
- salt, pepper
- coated baking paper
- 1 egg yolk
- Start with the dough. Bring the water with the salt to a boil, add butter or margarine and stir, then put into a bowl and let cool to room temperature. Work 2/3 of the flour with a cooking spoon under, put it on a working surface and crumble the remaining flour into until a smooth dough is formed. Wrap dough in cling film and put in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- In the meantime prepare the filing. Heat 1-2 tbs concentrated butter or margarine in a pan, brown vegini MINCED and remove it. Braise spring onions, zucchini cubes and corn in the remaining butter and season with salt and pepper. Then mix it with the vegini MINCED and let it cool down. Now, preheat the oven to 180 ° C hot air.
- Put the dough on the floured work surface, roll out about 3 mm thick and cut out circles with a diameter of 12 cm. Brush the dough edges with some water and give 1 tablespoon filling on top and press the edges together to a half moon. Press the edge of the pockets with a fork together. Cover the backing tray with backing paper, spread the dough pockets and brush them with whisked egg. Then bake 12-14 minutes. Best served with a crisp mixed leaf salad.